Sunday, March 1, 2020

Spring & Summer 2020: Accessories

Spring & Summer 2020: accessories
Spring & Summer 2020: Accessories



Last but not least, here are the accessory trends for the season. If you missed the other posts for spring and summer 2020, we discussed them big seven trends, Color and pattern. Theme and silhouette. footwear and Jeans last week.


As with clothing and shoes, there is a strong influence of the 80s and 90s on accessories. Extremely colorful accessories with an 80s taste stand in cheerful contrast to the black, gray and brown tones of the 90s-inspired items. Jewelry and glasses are plastic and resin earrings, tortoiseshell, lucite, strong sunglasses, large glasses, asymmetrical earrings, interwoven rings and chunky chain link chains and bracelets. Glasses chains are also back. Think neutral and non-neutral and mix it up.
White pearls are trending as jewelry and decorations for accessories, and I laughed when I saw that this came through. Since I wear chunky white pearls every day and have been doing this for years, I am hopelessly biased about how versatile, fabulous and trending they are. They always look good to me and work with everything. Walk the dogs, hike, paint the doors, travel and cook in your pearls, because why not! I do.
The dainty monogrammed EVERYTHING has gained momentum, be it your name on a bracelet, the first letter of your name around your neck or your initials on a bag or a piece of clothing. Sporty multi-ear piercings directly on the ear and in both ears is the new body art. The earrings that best match multiple piercings are delicate and sophisticated.
For headgear and hair, think about turbans, bucket hats, hair clips, mega headbands, hair ties and hair clips. The belt in the natural waist in the 80s style is huge, especially with wide belts over dresses and tunics or in belt loops or high-rise pants and jeans. Gauze scarves made of linen, silk and cotton are always in fashion and a great way to protect your skin from the blazing sun.
Crochet and baguette bags are a marginal trend. Pouch bags and drawstring bags keep their 90s dynamic. Belt bags, chain belt bags and any type of shoulder bag that you can use to be comfortable and practical are still trendy. Therefore carry two bags at the same time – a big one and a small one – for practical purposes the bomb is. Nylon bags and backpacks are huge and a massive allusion to the 90s.
We use our phones all the time these days, so it doesn’t hurt if you think hard about the cover, how it works for your style and lifestyle, and how robust it is. I agree to update your phone case if it looks sad.
The sustainability trend continues to encourage us to repair, repair, upgrade, and reuse items. So make yourself comfortable by sticking a fun patch with a hole on an accessory and adding a scarf to a pocket to hide annoying stains. Stick brooches on necklaces to create new looks, or add bags with guitar straps to give them new life.












I stick to my chunky white pearls and the monogrammed “A” necklace for jewelry since I’m not a jewelry person. I have a white silicone case for my iPhone that intentionally matches a white wristband for my Apple Watch. Both match my white pearl jewelry, so things look contracted and elegant. I have great prescription tortoiseshell sunglasses, white sunglasses from the 60s, a good selection of sun hats, a very large and cheerful handbag collection and some fun guitar straps that work with multiple pockets. I want to replace my Citron Furla, but will continue to wear my slightly ruined one until I find the right replacement. I could venture into a wide waist belt from the 80s and throw in another spring scarf.
Over to you. What accessories is your cup of tea?